Re: Difference Between Updated FC2T3 and Actual FC2

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 13:53, Fulko Hew sita aero wrote:
> "Brian Van Grunsven" <bvangrunsven nighthawkradiologyservices net> asked:
>
> > At the risk of sounding very dumb - what would be the difference between
> an
> > install of FC2T3 that has all updates installed and the actual release of
> > FC2?
>
> Basically nothing.
> I do think there were a few 'installation' issues that would only have
> been fixed if you did a re-install, but operationally, It should be the
> same.
> If you've got a working system, and it "ain't broke"... don't fix it.

On release day I compared the RPMS in rawhide to those from the ISO
images.  Only differences were fedora-release and rpmdb-fedora
versions.  They have since diverged as newer packages are showing up in
rawhide, so the answer depends on the point in time, and on where you
are pointing for updates.

Phil