Re: saw this review posted on slashdot of FC2

Paul Iadonisi wrote:
On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 14:15, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

On Thu, 20 May 2004 12:58:12 -0500, King, John (Greg) (LMIT-HOU)
<greg king lmit com> wrote:

Anyhow, just an fyi so far I have had a pretty good run with FC2 although
the up2date bug and dual boot bug are annoying.

Up2date bug? Its not a bug if its not in bugzilla. If you are going to

I seriously doubt that this is a bug, as the author claims. Immediately after release, all the mirrors are typically maxed out. I
was manually downloading the kdelibs* FC1 updates yesterday, and it took
at least two, maybe three hours to get kdelibs-devel on a 1.1M-bit/sec
link. That rpm is only about 14MB.

He-he. I launched a series of wget -c commands to nab up the x86_64 ISO's and it took 2 and a half days to get them from one of the mirrors!

--
csm moongroup com, head geek
http://moongroup.com