Re: FC2 x86_64 SMP broken.

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Add me to the list of those whose FC2 kernel crashes and burns during boot time. Bug 123860. At least I can limp along on the UP kernel.

Well, perhaps not. In FC1, I can crash the 2.4 kernel, SMP or UP, anytime I want.

Let's see if I can pronounce FC2 to be completely and totally useless.

This is an unfair flame to make and simply goes to far in simply dismissing an entire operating system. This kind of comment is totally unhelpful for these reasons:

1) You provide ZERO information about your hardware.
2) You are not searching for a solution, you only declare Fedora to be crap.
3) SMP x86_64 works for MANY other people, including me. This is clearly not indicative of a useless operating system.

This kind of post makes developers who put their blood, sweat and tears into trying their best to simply ignore you. Can we instead try to work toward a solution together, and constructively?

http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.6/
As a first step, can you try the newer test kernels from Arjan's repository?

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com