Re: FC2: VI and cursor key-error

Hi,

Michael Wardle schrieb:

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 17:29, Götz Reinicke wrote:

Hi,

I installed Fedora Core 2 on a server.

Now if I try to edit anything by vi, I can't use my cursorkeys in the insert mode anymore:

Down = B
Up = A
Left = D
Right = C

It may be that your Vi is Vim in backwards compatible mode.  Try setting
either nocompatible or esckeys and see if cursor keys then work.  If so,
have a look at your ~/.vimrc and /etc/vimrc to enable them by default.

I don't have ~/.vimrc and /etc/vimrc.

Regards

Götz
--