Re: FC2: VI and cursor key-error - solved

Hi

I installed vim-common. Now the cursorkeys work.

regards

götz

Götz Reinicke schrieb:

Michael Wardle schrieb:

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 17:57, Götz Reinicke wrote:

printenv TERM:

xterm-color

In case this is your problem (assuming Vim is compiled with Terminfo and your shell is Bash, both the default behaviors under Fedora), compare: # tput kcud1 | od -c

# tput kcud1 | od -c
0000000 033   O   B
0000003

against: # <Control-V><Cursor Down>

# ^[[B

If the outputs are different, your terminal type is probably set
incorrectly.  In most cases, I believe xterm is the preferred terminal

hmm AFAIK I didn't configured anything. This is a fresh installation of FC2.

Regards

Götz

-- Götz Reinicke IT Koordinator - IT OfficeNet

Tel. +49 (0) 7141 - 969 420
Fax  +49 (0) 7141 - 969 55 420
goetz reinicke filmakademie de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg