Re: K3b ?

jim tate wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:

Fred New wrote:

On May 20, 2004, at 15:41, Lars wrote:

it's in the fedora extras repo.
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/latest

lars

jim tate wrote:

Where do I download K3b for FC2?

Is there some reason you aren't using the k3b on the FC2 CDs?  There is
also some mention of k3b in the release notes.

Fred

I installed and tested K3B that is provided on the FC2 installation. I selected it on install.

I burned a DVD on it. (My first) and it worked for creating a DVD image. The program loaded kind of slow, but it is a great program.

I ran the program in gnome, if that makes any difference in the application speed.

Jim

I used the one off disk2 and it work fine, I did not know it was there.
And what puzzeles me, why is it I installed everything but the server apps.
why didn't it install ?

Thanks
Jim Tate

I did a server install on one machine and then selected additional packages from all the groups that I chose. (Basically everything). On another machine, I chose a workstation installation and modified the groups to include k3b, mozilla mail, mc, lynx and a host of other packages.
I haven't done an everything install since RHL 6.x because of an "everything" installation seeming to include a lot of language packages. When updating, it caused a lot of extra downloading related to kde's foreign language rpms.
I guess everything is not "everything". ... If this is different than a usual "everything" install selection, I guess it is a bug.

Jim