What modifies the file "redhat-release" ?

Hi,

My desktop system reports Fedora 2 after updating from rawhide prior to
May 18.  Cool.

However, my laptop may have not been so lucky.  If I were to point my
laptop to rawhide now, I would have beyond Fedora 2, right?
Looks like rawhide is back to full throttle.

How can I get my laptop on Fedora 2 without using the ISO distro?  I
think the laptop is really close if not already there but redhat-release
still reports 1.92.

So, what modifies redhat-release?

Thanks,
--
Ernest L. Williams Jr. <ernesto ornl gov>