Re: Write Cache Failed Flushing. Ummmm

Alan Cox wrote:

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 01:18:31AM -0400, Dwaine Garden wrote:

I have the following message from the second hard drive. It worked fine with rh9 and fc2t2. But I'm getting getting cache write problems with fc2 with both 2.6.5 and 2.6.6 kernels. Anything change???

If its a Maxtor then certain maxtors trigger this and its basically harmless. Should be fixed upstream now

It is a maxtor drive. What in the maxtor drive is causing the problem that other drives do not have?
Different cache timings?

Thanks Alan....