SElinux verbosity level during boot-up

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Mon May 24 05:27:48 UTC 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 19:08, t l wrote:
> > Edit /etc/sysconfig/selinux and change 'SELINUX=enforcing' to
> > 'SELINUX=disabled'
> I don't have /etc/sysconfig/selinux

I had the same issue on my box: when upgrading from FC1 nothing ends up
writing the selinux file and if you have the "policy" package installed (I
installed it to get rid of rpm complaining about missing
/etc/security/selinux/policy or somesuch file), after that selinux got
enabled in non-enforcing mode. Creating the /etc/sysconfig/selinux file
with the above contents made the selinux messages go away as well.

	- Panu -