FC2 Installation via Telnet Bug

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon May 24 22:01:33 UTC 2004

I have more news regarding the bug I reported on this list some weeks ago. I'm sorry, I've tried to put it into Bugzilla, but 2,571 hyperlinks and active fields on one web page exceeds even my capacity. Yes, that's the number lynx reports. So, someone, please help.

Here's the story:

Whether setting a static or using dhcp, attempting to set up installation via telnet breaks at the point a telnet connection is made to the machine where the installation is to be done. Now that I have speech running for the installer, I can report the error that is displayed in Console 3.

There's no /dev/ttyp0 to receive the telnet connection.

So, installing via telnet remains broken.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

		Chair, Accessibility Workgroup