Really strange CDRW problem

Hi,

I have some CDRWs which work up to x10. To my understanding, that means
they're happy on CDRWs upto x10.

When I try to burn using k3b or xcdroast, all that I get is that the
drive doesn't support x10 discs. These discs work fine on a Win98 box
with a 8x4x32 drive in (iomega zip CDRW - same as I have in my linux
machine)

Any ideas what gives on this?

TTFN

Paul
--
"Your lives are in the hands of men no smarter than you or I, many of
them incompetent boobs. I know this because I worked alongside them,