Re: some issues with nautilus MIME associations and thumbnails

Siddharth Toshniwal wrote:

Hi Dwaine, all

An update on these issues. Got some help from a friend.
The thumbnail generation was not working due to the JFIF
standard not being processed for some reason (my libjpeg
version is libjpeg-6b-31.1, do I need an update?).

Ran the 'file' command on an image for which a thumbnail
was generated properly and one for which it was not.

The output for the proper image (file1) was:
JPEG image data, JFIF standard 1.01, resolution (DPI), 144 x 144

and for the one without the thumbnail (file2) was:
JPEG image data, JFIF standard 1.02, resolution (DPI), 144 x 144

Opened the file2.jpg in gimp and saved it without any
changes. This changes the JFIF standard to the 'desired'
one (1.01) and thumbnail is shown :)

So there is a workaround for this issue at least. The MIME
association still has me stumped. Anyone with clues as to
what to do for that??

thanks,
Siddharth.