Re: new kernel for testing

On Fri, 28 May 2004, Michal Jaegermann wrote:

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 01:47:50PM -0500, Satish Balay wrote:
ACPI with the new kernel doesn't work on IBM ThinkPad T40. With

echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep

the machine briefly attempts to go to sleep and then comes back.

On Acer TM 230 I found that a presence of ehci_hcd was responsible for such behaviour. OTOH if that module was not loaded in a startup sequence then the only recognized USB devices were those which were plugged in while booting and after disconnections and replugging they were no longer accessible. It turns out that rmmoding ehci_hcd before attempts to put a box to sleep is good enough and that module does not have to be re-inserted for USB devices to be noticed again; either when plugged anew or after a laptop resumes. No idea why.

I also had to add 'acpi_sleep=s3_bios' to boot parameters or
video was gone.  Still putting TM 230 to sleep kills an access
to an internal floppy but so far these are all losses.  I do not
know about PCMCIA slot as I have at this moment nothing to stick
there.

If any of the above will work with ThinkPad I cannot tell but
it is worth to try.

Thanks for the info. I've tried removing ehci_hcd before suspend - and it worked on the T40.

Satish