Re: round() in glibc*2.3.3-31

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 07:27:57PM -0700, Mark Fonnemann wrote:
>     does anyone know why round() does not work correctly in a C program without
> using the compiler flag "-std=c99". any program will compile correctly without

Because is a C99 fuynction

> the glibc package in Fedora? i feel this is either a bug or something that
> should be documented in a man page somewhere.. and yes, to mention the obvious,

See the man page

"CONFORMING TO
	C99."

> i did #include <math.h> in my source and also compiled in gcc with the -lm
> option. thanks everyone...

Did you compile with -Wall -pedantic however ? If you turned lots of
warnings on you would have been warned about the lack of a prototype for
round() and known you needed one so that it knew the return type was
double.

Its marked "INVALID" in gcc bugs for good reasons.