xconfig for kernel unreadable

Andy Wallace linxit at ntlworld.com
Sun May 30 16:16:43 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 15:04, Kontogiannis Theophanis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have FC2 (no updates - just the 4 cd from the site)
> and I try to make xconfig
>
> whell a window pops up and instead of getting readable information, I
> get
> small circles (instead of characters) with various parts filled in
> black
> (half, full, quarter.. no circles just spaces....etc)
>
> I have English US and English language only as system wide and during
> the
> session!
>
> any hints?

I see similar behaviour on FC1 too, with both 2.6.5 and 2.6.6 kernels.
Not circles like in FC2, but just empty squares. I haven't looked into
it any further, just used menuconfig instead.

I checked bugzilla, but couldn't find anything there. When I tried to
post the bug, there was no kernel-source component available for FC2.
Perhaps someone with more knowledge/experience could shed some light on
the problem?

AndyW