Core 2 - PANIC

Recieved journal commit failure running 2.6.6-1.381
System now fails to boot "mkrootdev: label / not found".
Can get further into the boot process using "kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.6-1.381 ro root=/dev/hda5 rhgb quiet" but this only gets me to :

EXT3-fs: hda7: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (1000100)." <- not sure what they might be.
mount: error 22 mounting ext3

I have been trying to get into rescue mode via network (ftp/nfs) but anaconda responds with:
======
Running anaconda, the Fedora Core rescue mode - please wait...
File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 913
xsetup_failed = xserver.startXServer(videohw, monitorhw, mousehw, kbd,
^
IndentationError: unindent does not match any other indentation level
install exited abnormally
=======

Is their a way I can get this system back to get a better look at logs etc. Where should I be looking for recovery doco etc.

Cheers in advance
Rodney