Kudos to whomever worked on the synaptics touchpad driver !

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Nov 1 17:10:20 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 00:42 -0600, Satish Balay wrote:
> yum doesn't depend on synaptics. (so removing up2date should be ok)
> And I don't see the cups depending on synaptics...

Satish, I can't seriously believe you find it OK for all that stuff you
listed to depend on synaptics. Besides, on my RC5 system that's not all.
Attempting to remove xorg-x11-libs and xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL says they are
required by synaptics, which in turn is required by rhpl, and there goes
most of the Fedora-specific stuff like up2date.

Attempting to remove cups takes a similar path, since freetype and
fontconfig depend on xorg* and there you go. So yes, unless I remove
rhpl and up2date, I cannot remove synaptics.

I just do not find it reasonable that the dependencies of a touchpad can
be that far-reaching.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>