Gnome and geometry flags FC3 changes from FC2

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 2 08:18:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 11:49:42AM +0100, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
> On 10/31/2004 08:22 AM, Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:
> >I have a launcher to launch gnome-terminal with a specific
> >geometry on FC2 that works thus:
> >
> >     gnome-terminal -geometry=80x34
>
> Are you sure about that? Just tested by changing my terminal launcher in
> FC2 and I had to use double-dash. Help for gnome-terminal gives (in FC2)
>
> []$ gnome-terminal --help | grep geom
>   --geometry=GEOMETRY                             X geometry specification

User error (me) .... I knew I disliked variable width fonts for setup
tools for a reason.

I looked at it again and when I walked the cursor through my 'old'
FC2 setup with the arrow key I could see the doubling of the
dashes.

Thank you for checking.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	May your cup runneth over with goodness and mercy