Destroyed x.org

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Tue Nov 2 18:25:14 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 10:36 -0600, Satish Balay wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Douglas Furlong wrote:
>
> > The boot parameter "3" brings the system to "multi user, no X".
>
> The OP has problem with runlevel-3 - hence 'single' was sugested.

  I'm suspecting that since there was a problem both with rhgb stilling
being run *and* runlevel 3 being ignored that maybe the OP hit escape
instead of enter after changing the grub kernel parameters.
  I'd suggest trying again, but after hitting escape before the three
second timeout expires and hitting 'a' to edit the kernel command line
(placing the cursor at the end of the command line), delete the rhgb
parameter and add '3' and then be sure to hit enter to boot the kernel
with the new command line.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator