NetworkManager Issues

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed Nov 3 11:07:48 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 03 November 2004 05:42, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:

> - IF I am root, then clicking NetworkManagerInfo's menu and selecting
> the SID of my network, I do get the next dialog asking me for my WEP
> key.  HOWEVER, it does this EVERY time!!  The WEP key does not get saved
> as it is supposed to in gconf.

I've tried NetworkManager too, and can't get it to work.
However, this is almost certainly my fault.
I just tried the latest rpm I found.

But I have a different question.
I read that NetworkManager is to become the "standard" Fedora application
for this purpose.
Does this mean that system-config-network
and the entries to that in System Settings=>Network
and System Tools=>Network Device Control
are to go?
(I'm running FC2-test3.)

These applications don't work for me either;
but they seem nearer to what I want than NetworkManager,
which sounds much too clever for my purposes.

I can't understand why Fedora is making such a meal
of what seems a very simple issue to me.

Incidentally, there did not seem any documentation
with the NetworkManager rpm,
apart from the Changelog in /usr/share/doc/NetworkManager* .

Also, isn't there a convention to use lower-case in application names?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366