Problem with Kernel 667?

Neil B. Cohen nbc at cisco.com
Wed Nov 3 19:00:18 UTC 2004

I have been running FC3 for a few days - no problems with kernels 639,
640, 643 etc. I just installed 667 and rebooted, and when it tried to
start KsCD, I was told that /dev/cdrom had the wrong permissions or no
audio CD was in the drive. I was listening to a CD before I rebooted, so
I know it was working. But after the reboot, /dev/cdrom does not exist
at all. Any idea why? What is the 'correct' way to restore that?

Is this a known issue? Do I need to create a bugzilla entry?

thanks,

nbc

NAME:   Neil B. Cohen (Cisco Systems Inc.)
PHONE:  703-484-1316
DOMAIN: nbc at cisco.com
* Murphy's Philosophy: Smile - tomorrow will be worse...    *
* O'Tooles Commentary: Murphy was an optimist!              *