Gnome cannot start continued

Darek Borkowski bednar007 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 22:37:27 UTC 2004

Hi,

after daily upgrade Gnome does not start. Even deleting whole
~/.gnome2 direstory does not help. I have to use KDE, the only working
WM.
I did some testing.
The effects of strace form "failsafe session" as well as from "startx"
from runlevel 3 and content of .gnome2 directory are at:

http://bednar.prv.pl/debug/strace-FC3t2devel/

The problem started when I was logout from gnome with savine session
enabed and one crashed gnome application somewhere in background. I
killed it before, but when logging out I saw contours of some window.
Every other windows were closed before logout so I was sure I'm
saveing clean session (i.e. with no running apps).

How to start Gnome now?

Darek Borkowski

PS: I added this post as comment at bugs: # 134212 and 137778