yum update from RC5 to full release possible?

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Sat Nov 6 17:39:04 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 01:11 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I just put RC5 on my shop box, and I'm wondering if, when the full
> release is made, I can yum update it to the full release?

Have also been thinking about that.  Seems it will primarily depend on
if there are package roll-backs in versions, or packages removed between
RC5 and final.  Have found both of these problems in going from FC3tX to
FC3rcX versions, but hopefully rc5 will be closer to final.  A note to
this list from developers soon after the release on the differences
would would be helpful to us brave souls who have been testing (with the
usual caveat about only updates from official releases being
"supported").  A recursive diff between FC3rc5 and FC3 trees should tell
the tale.

Phil