New testing kernel.

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Sun Nov 7 03:20:46 UTC 2004

  Okay, I give up.  What's the new magic to use the new megaraid driver
in this kernel?  I've put the kernel on an IBM Netfinity with a Megaraid
controller, but the creation of the initrd failed due to the inability
to find the 'megaraid' module.  Well, it no longer exists, as there has
apparently been a complete rewrite of it and it is now split into two
modules, megraid_mm and megaraid_mbox.  So, the question is, what
changes do I make to /etc/modprobe.conf (or the new-kernel-pkg or
mkinitrd command line) in order to include the correct modules in the
initrd plus the correct commands in /linuxrc to insert them?
  This box is remote, so I'd like it work on the first try ;-)
  Googling didn't help much, by the way.  Nor did searching bugzilla
(some megaraid bugs were found, but no info on how to do what I'm asking
above).
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator