nvidia driver kernel 2.6.9 667

Ricardo Veguilla veguilla at hpcf.upr.edu
Sun Nov 7 05:04:25 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 23:50 -0500, Jim Martin wrote:
> W. Guy Thomas wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 23:30 -0500, Jim Martin wrote:
> ><SNIP>

> >>I took just the rhgb off, , I still have quiet and everything else
> >>there. boots in run level 5, no problem.
> >>

> >you da man, thanks.
> >interesting though, that I get my gdm back, but the fedora graphics
> >never came back after loading nvidia's real drivers.
> >
> >thanks my friend, though, I'm good with this.
> >

> You are welcome, and the Fedora graphics is what you just took off (
> rhgb=Red hat graphical Boot) for some reasons does not like the nvidia
> driver. go figure :-)

If you still want rhgb, you can tell rhgb to use the xorg driver. Just
create an alternate xorg.conf (with the driver set to "nv") and copied
to /etc/rhgb/xorg.conf. This way, rhgb will always work (assuming the
xorg drivers works ) and you can use the nvidia driver for the standard
gdm/X session.

Regards,
--
Ricardo Veguilla <veguilla at hpcf.upr.edu>