FC3 does not boot with an own vanilla kernel

Joachim Backes backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Wed Nov 10 14:52:54 UTC 2004

Hi,

I made an update from FC2 to FC3, and now, my machine will no more boot:
The boot stops when executing the init scripts:
having problems with the /dev directory (cannot open /dev//null and/or
/dev//console).  I'm not using the FC3 kernel, but the vanilla kernel
2.6.9. When using the FC3 kernel, all is OK. I think, it has
to do with udev (in my vanilla kernel, hotplug is configered
correctly!).

Regards

Joachim Backes

--

Joachim Backes <backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>
University of Kaiserslautern,Computer Center,