gtkam missing - perms prob

mike mike at bristolreccc.co.uk
Wed Nov 10 17:55:09 UTC 2004

> On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:58:02 -0500, Temlakos <temlakos at comcast.net> wrote:
> > I see! Or, I think I see. Now why didn't the release notes specifically
> > *say* that gthumb performs all the functions of the old gtkam? (Does
> > gthumb have a plug-in for gimp?)

after testing gthumb it fails as a user with
*** Error ***
An error occurred in the io-library ('Could not claim the USB device'):
Could not claim interface 0 (Operation not permitted). Make sure no
other program or kernel module (such as sdc2xx, stv680, spca50x) is
using the device and you have read/write access to the device.
*** Error (-53: 'Could not claim the USB device') ***

(gphoto2 fails as well)

As root gphoto2 works (as does gthumb)