wget problem or me <-- answer me

Greg Morgan drkludge at cox.net
Thu Nov 11 13:26:23 UTC 2004

Rob van Nieuwkerk wrote:
> [...]

Thanks for all the replies.  I see now.  "File size limit exceeded"
means just that on the file system being used to receive the file.  I
understand also why you had me issue all those commands because you were
trying to see where the file system limit was coming into play i.e.
filesystem or out of space problems.  Slap forehead now. ;-)

>>baloo:/home/fdrive on /home/fdrive type nfs (rw,nfsvers=2,addr=172.20.3.55)
>

> You are trying to download the image to a mounted NFS v2 filesystem.
> The maximum filesize on NFS v2 is 2 GB.  So that explains why wget

I guess its time to plan the migration.

> stopped at 2 GB.  Do your download on a different filesystem that
> does not have this limit (for example a local filesystem or NFS
> version >= 3) and it will work.  Not a wget problem !

This explains my puzzlement.  I did download a test DVD ISO once before
but it must have been on the NFS server directly.  I was testing the new
backend during the FC3 rc series and the md5sum calculated correctly.

Thanks,
Greg