Why don't you guys like synaptic?

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Thu Nov 11 16:22:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 11:11 -0500, Temlakos wrote:
> Other than that, I would encourage the Fedora developers to develop a
> port of Synaptic to Fedora Core and distribute it with the OS. Failing
> that, however, you can always install it yourself.
Believe it or not this HAS been discussed in the past, as stated in a
arch ability.

I believe the yum and possible apt group are looking (in the long term)
to work together so that repositories are interchangeable between apt
and yum.

This would make things like porting synaptic much easier, I believe.

So in short, I believe it is being worked on, may be an idea to go to
the fedora dev list.

--
Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator