Why don't you guys like synaptic?

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 11 18:08:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 10:44 -0700, Kim Lux wrote:
> I've got the files.  I haven't removed them.  yum isn't looking at an
> FC3-release repository.  It is looking at FC3-development.

Aha! I've got an idea: If you changed the /etc/yum.conf file when you
had an older version of yum, the new version won't clobber your config
file. Check if you have a file called /etc/yum.conf.rpmnew . If you do,
move your old /etc/yum.conf somewhere else (say, yum.conf.old - you can
of course just rm this file when you've got a new working config but
keep it around for reference for now) and then
mv /etc/yum.conf.rpmnew /etc/yum.conf

Then it should start looking at the files in /etc/yum.repo.d/ and if you
haven't changed those it will point to FC3 + updates.

Good luck!
Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University