Why don't you guys like synaptic?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 18:21:47 UTC 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:44:11 -0700, Kim Lux <lux at diesel-research.com> wrote:
> I've got the files.  I haven't removed them.  yum isn't looking at an
> FC3-release repository.  It is looking at FC3-development.

a couple of things to look at because of the way you upgraded from
release candidate.

1) /etc/yum.conf should not have ANY repository definitions in it by default
please check to be sure that you are using the default /etc/yum.conf
that comes with fc3, and not an older yum.conf. You might find that
rpm installed the default configuration file as yum.conf.rpmnew and
left your previous yum.conf alone. The default yum.conf in fc3 should
only have global variable definitions and should not include a
repository entry.

2) Please look over each repo file included on the system in the
repo.d directory.
only certain files in that directory should have active repository
entries.  The others will have commented out entries that you can
choose to enable by removing the leading # comments. Please make sure
the the fedora-release and fedora-updates repo entries exist and are
enabled. Please make sure the development entry if there is one is
commented out.

-jef