Why don't you guys like synaptic?

Neil B. Cohen nbc at cisco.com
Thu Nov 11 19:24:31 UTC 2004

I have tried synaptic (and apt) in the past with some success, but I had
problems getting it working reliably with FC2. I've just installed FC3
and I'd like to try again. Can someone point me at the correct rpm for
apt and synaptic (along with the appropriate config files) for FC3?? Or
do the rpm's not exist at this time?

I have not figured out how to set up the various config files for
up2date and yum - I know where they are, but I've tried to just leave
them alone and assume they point to the correct spots... So a working
apt config file would be much appreciated. I have done a fresh install
of FC3.

Thanks in advance,

nbc