FC3 disappointment: KsCD locks system; grip; CDROM in general.

Bryan W. Headley bwheadley at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 11 19:47:43 UTC 2004

Kim Lux wrote:

>I agree that using up2date works fine, except:
>
>a) are there issues that won't be fixed by up2date ?

Sure. Let's say that FCx liked lilo and FCy likes grub as the default
bootstrapper. Would you expect an rpm scriptlet to know anything about
a) asking you if you want to switch bootloaders, b) Have a sed/perl
script to run that would parse an existing /etc/lilo.conf and build a
reasonable /etc/grub.conf? No, you'd expect something more
"comprehensive" in scope to know how to do those things.