Applications for FC4

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Nov 15 07:48:12 UTC 2004

On 11/14/2004 06:40:40 PM, joelbryan wrote:

> - BitTorrent - I think there's reasons to include this.

No there is not - for several reasons.
It does not add any functionallity other than itself, nothing of real
value to productivity etc. - those who want it can get it from Fedora
Extras.

It opens up a bunch of ports and acts as a server - for this reason, it
is banned from many networks.

Furthermore - the gui front end is nagware, it opens up a browser
window asking you to send the guy money. While I'm sure that could
easily be removed, it is kind of a big turn off.

Leave it in Fedora Extras. Those who want it can yum it.