Help Installing Oracle 10g on Fedora

Gregory G Carter gcarter at aesgi.com
Wed Nov 17 19:03:59 UTC 2004

Bad question to ask.

What you are asking will land anyone in here in jail in a country with
software patents or part of the trading block of the USA and requires
reverse engineering the installer, and certain sections of the software
to determine how it installs itself.

That is highly illegal, and it violates the software agreement you
agreed to when you downloaded 10g anyway.

Only install the Oracle database on a validated copy of Linux for which
it is designed if you want to stay out of jail.

I also advise anyone to please take this sort of conversation off the
list please, Redhat has and WILL have enough legal problems in the
upcomming year, they don't need to be sued by Oracle as well.

-gc