bugzilla misses cdrecord?

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Mon Nov 22 21:34:34 UTC 2004

I don't know if its the right place to post this, (probably not), but
the fact is I'm trying to post a bug against fc3's cdrecord (which
belongs to the package cdrecord-2.01.1-5), but cdrecord is not at easy
list: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/easy_enter_bug.cgi

It also does not appear at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora%20Core&

How then can I post a bug to it?

Well, the bug is that a user is not allowed to record. /dev/cdrom
(cdrecord's default) and /dev/cdrecorder (cdrdao's default) doesn't
exist.

And /dev/hdc (which is, in my case, the cd recorder) has no permission
to average user.

K3b won't help either, because the k3b setup (which would set
permissions correctly) is not shipped with FC3.

Will this be fixed? I'm sure I'm not the only one having those problems.