Usage of redhat in filenames (Re: Evolution Mime Attachments.....)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 02:02:48 UTC 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:54:02 -0500, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> /usr/share/applications/redhat-word-processor.desktop
> /usr/share/applications/redhat-spreadsheet.desktop
> /usr/share/applications/redhat-presentations.desktop
> /usr/share/applications/redhat-drawing.desktop

can i take a second and tangent.
Is there any plans to move away from using redhat-whatever.desktop
and redhat-whatever.png?  I've been told on occasion that redhat-whatever.png
can be problematic for people creating icon themes, and they are not
exactly excited about having to create files that look vendor specific
in order to provide aftermarket icon thems that work on fedora.

We were able to pull redhat out of the names associated with the config tools.
Is there a plan to follow suit with the .desktop and .png files being used?

-jef