Upgrade to fc2->fc3 via yum

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Tue Nov 23 14:30:41 UTC 2004

You're right.  My appologies.  I've just subscribed there, too.
Thanks for answering here anyway.

>> > Should upgrading from FC1 to FC3 work?  Or does the change from
>> > the 2.4 to 2.6 kernel cause problems?
>>
>> Seth Vidal says no - due to kernel/udev problems.  LVM could also
>> be problematic.  Would not argue with such an authoritative source.

I thought that might be the case.  I'd be making a good backup anyway
so I guess I'll clean the drive and do a full, clean install of FC3.

>> > Can someone provide a pointer to a yum.conf I should use?
>>
>> Wouldn't want to be responsible, under the circumstances, but a
>> hint is to change all occurrences of "$releasever" to "3" for
>> core repositories.

That's simpler than I expected.  Makes sense though.  Thanks.

--
Henry