FC 3 issues

Mon Nov 29 16:14:37 UTC 2004

Several separate topics:
I have two machine, one running FC3 stable (upgrades since RH8) and one
running rawhide.  Both show some of these issues.

a.) Nautilus often doesn't update. I have the "Gamin" package installed,
but I don't see a "gam*" daemon running.  What could be checked?

b.) Sometimes I plug in a device and HAL/GVM auto-mounts it, and pops up a
nautilus window, but it never appears on the desktop.  Then to unmount it,
I have to use the command-line.  (It also doesn't show up under "computer"
in gnome).

c.) Multimedia keys don't seem to work right.  If I don't run acme, they
don't work.  If I run acme, it says "another application is using the
keyboard" or something similar.  I though acme was replaced (at least I
remember the control panel UI changing.)

d.) I saw in FC3T3 a nice wireless applet. That seems gone from the FC3
release.  Someone told me it was merged into the "network" applet, and in
fact I saw a nice screen-shot in a review of FC3 of this network applet,
but the one I have doesn't have the features of the one in the
screen-shot.  Am I just confused or...?  (The one I saw had a drop-down
list of networks, etc.)

-----------

FC2 -> FC3 Upgrade issues:
1. Vino doesn't get installed. (on 3 systems so far).
2. The new IME system UI (gimlet) doesn't get installed either, but the
old one gets erased! (on 2 systems so far).  Also the IME help on the
fedora site says to add "gimlet" to the panel, but even when installed,
the app isn't listed in the applet list as "Gimlet" but something like
"Imput Method Editor" (and the package name for yumisn't gimlet either).
3. On one of my friend's machines, the upgrade totally hosed the panel
configuration.

 Thanks,
     Noah SILVA

p.s.: feel free to ignore any of these already in bugzilla, I am looking
in there now.  Please add anything not in bugzilla, and I will contribute
comments to any issue files if I am made aware of the issue #.  None of
these are high priorities, but I am willing to test any fixes, etc.