Why can only root mount zip, floppy, cd-rom drives?

Andrew cmkrnl at speakeasy.net
Fri Oct 1 05:28:54 UTC 2004

Hi,

I haven't updated today, well yesterday now, but as of 9/28 updates that
was working was working. I have not taken the hal updates after
0.2.98cvs20040923 since it versions after that don't seem to get a value
for the the mount point property -- I haven't had time to figure out
what that deal is, but... If you run hal-device-manager and look at the
properties for the the CD-ROM does it have a mount point filed in?

If you haven't seen the following thread on the -devel- list, you should
read it.

[Console user mount patch and FC3]
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-September/msg01244.html

Its probably something else, but hey it was strangely similar to that
discussion ;-\

Andrew