Zip drive not working

F. Kooman fkooman at bromstraat.net
Sun Oct 3 22:28:22 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 21:02, Leon Stringer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My internal Zip drive does not work with FC3t2. It worked on install
> with FC2 so I guess it should with FC3?
>
> (Details below).
>
> Is this just a bug I should report somewhere? Is this working for anyone
> else?

A ZIP disk has a fat(32) partition at /dev/hdX4 by default which is a
little strange, you can create an ext3 filesystem on them (even directly
on /dev/hdX, without a partition table). If you try that it will most
likely work. You can't access them in Windows after that of course.

But I think it's a bug. HAL/udev? should detect the (fat) partitions on
the disk after insertion, even if hdX1 through hdX3 don't exist, and
work without a problem.

François