firefox uses helix player to open rpm downloads

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 13:56:32 UTC 2004

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 00:01:28 -0400, Lee Connell <lee_connell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Today when i clicked on the ati rpm driver from www.ati.com using firefox it
> launched the helix player and then closed it, did not download at all.  I
> had to tell it to save link as....   Anyone else having this issue?  I am
> completely up2date with all packages.

I can confirm that this happens to me with the ati.com site.

But I can't easily find any othersite with rpm packages that does
causes this to happen.
For example the rpm links at www.gurulabs.com/downloads.html do not
cause helix to start. So the question is, is ati's site doing
something to suggest the wrong mime-type?
You might need to inform ati to reconfigure their server.

-jef