up2date & yum, behind corporate firewall

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Oct 5 16:25:14 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 05.10.2004 schrieb Banibrata Dutta um 18:04:

> Is there any way to use up2date & yum from behind a corporate
> firewall, except setting up an explicit HTTP tunnel (which BTW is
> banned by my co.!! so it's a strict no-no). ?

Are you sure you are asking on the correct list? I feel this is a
question for the fedora-list at redhat.com and no specific test release
topic.

If HTTP is permitted through the firewall, yum and up2date configured to
use HTTP mirror servers should work properly without problems.

> also, is there a easy way to check connectivity with the up2date / yum
> servers for their ability to serve the update files ?

You can reach each repository mirror server using your web browser.

> bdutta

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 18:22:49 up 5 days, 20:48, load average: 0.91, 1.07, 0.88