migrating to the new evolution

Ernest L. Williams Jr. ernesto at ornl.gov
Sat Oct 9 21:35:54 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 22:14 +0100, Keith Sharp wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 12:18 -0400, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am normally a heavy evolution user.
> >
> > What is the manual procedure to move an addressbook from an older
> > version to the new version?
> >
> > I would also like to move some of my old e-mail folders into the new
> > version of evolution.
> >
> > I used to have a directory:  $(HOME)/evolution
> > Now I have: $(HOME)/.evolution
>
> The first time you run the new Evolution it should migrate everything
> for you.  Once it has done the migration it asks if you want to
> automatically delete your old ${HOME}/evolution folder or would you like
> to do it later yourself.
>
> If this has not happened for you, then search back through the list for
> posts by Dave Malcolm of Red Hat who described how to change a value in
> GConf to force Evolution to try the migration again.

Okay, that worked great.
Now, I would like to move a mail folder from one machine to another.
How does one do that?  I have 3 different folders on my desktop machine
and would like to move one of the folders to my laptop.

When I look at the directory/file structure of the .evolution everything
looks encoded.  I can't make heads nor tails.

Would be nice if evolution would allow me to import mail from evolution.

Is it possible to archive an evolution folder on one machine and import
to evolution on another?

Any help is appreciated.