Sunday is not turning out nicely around here!

Andrew cmkrnl at speakeasy.net
Sun Oct 10 16:52:41 UTC 2004

Hi Paul,

Sounds like a tough day to be sure.  Looking at all your posts, I would
say there is definitely something bad with the interaction between udev,
hotplug hal and gnome-vfs* If I were you I would get the latest RPMs for
those put them in /root/fixme and then do a -- for kicks you might want
to drop back to udev-032-10 as 034 changes some timing issues.

rpm -Uvh --force /root/fixme/*.rpm
followed by a
udevstart
sync
sync

and a reboot.

I can read an burn data cds and access music cds from a user account
just find under kernel 603 and the latest updates. I am having a weird
problem with HAL when I plug my WG511 in (its new) hal stops working
correctly, until hald is restarted.  You might try that as well, just do a
/etc/rc.d/init.d/haldaemon restart
After logging in and see if nautilus at least seems to feel better.

Good luck