Nautilus has gone gaga

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 18:47:08 UTC 2004

I had this problem in spades, but determined that GConf2 and libbonobo
were messed up.

I reinstalled both (and libbonobo-devel) from the yum cache,
rebooted, and the problem vanished....

[I ran 'rpm -ivh --force libbonobo-*-2.8.0-2.i386.rpm', and previously
'rpm -ivh --force GConf2-2.8.0.1-1.i386.rpm'.]

I have no idea why these packages got 'corrupted'.

tom

[The symptom for GConf2 was that gconftool-2 was segfaulting,
the symptom for nautilus/gnome-settings/etc. was that
/usr/libexec/bonobo-activation-server was segfaulting.]

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 18:09:23 +0100, Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Just for giggles, try creating a new user and see if that user has
> > problems.  Also have a look at what's in .local.  I had some stuff in
> > there once that made me nuts.
>
> New user, no difference
> .local/share to .local/shared and restart, no difference
>
> Nautilus is hosed due to one of the updates today.
>

> TTFN
>
> Paul
> --
> Homer: Donut?
> Lisa: No, thanks. Do you have any fruit?
> Homer: This has purple stuff inside. Purple is a fruit.
>

> --

Tom London