Which of todays upgrades can affect audio?

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Sun Oct 10 22:18:51 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 19:36 +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that I've got nautilus back (and just about all the other bits and
> pieces), I'm trying to track down what's stopping sound coming out. All
> in all, it seems that other than evolution, most of todays updates are
> not good for the health!
>
> xmss is not reporting that /dev/dsp and /dev/dsp1 are blocked and gnome-
> volume-manager is not showing any audio channels as being mute, yet no
> sound comes out. It's not an Alsa problem either as changing to OSS
> doesn't enable sound.

FC3t2 contains no OSS, that is emulation, and therefore still an alsa
problem.  Today's updates could be many things.. depending on when you
got yours yesterday (and which international date 'yesterday' was) and
from which mirror.. go to your yum log and find out what you installed,
there is no way we can know.