Fedora Core 3 Test 3 available

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 23:13:56 UTC 2004

Hi Alan,

 --- Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 08:57:08AM +1000, Michael
> Mansour wrote:
> > Can you install FC3T3 over NFS? I'd like to test
> > install only the 1st CD to see if it picks up the
> > Adaptec I2O raid controller in the server, and
> don't
> > wish to "waste" the first CD writing it.
>
> If your box has PXE you can do the whole process
> over the network
> given a dhcp server and tftp server.

It's a relatively new server (4 months old) so I'd
imagine it would yeah. I'll check it tonight.

I haven't done PXE stuff before so if it does, is
there a process to follow? I have a DHCP server and
can setup a tftp server, but is there a mini HOWTO or
similar around that would briefly describe the
process?

Thanks.

Michael.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com