Smaller /boot?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Oct 12 23:38:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 17:07 -0600, Stephen J. Smoogen wrote:
> I know the numbers in anaconda were upped long ago for User Mode Linux
> when it shipped with 8. THat might be the reason.

But is there a reason to go as far as 100MB? Or, even if 100MB is
recommended, could we maybe reduce the warning size for Anaconda? There
are plenty of systems who would be just fine with even 25MB as a
minimum, but users get frightened when they're told that 80MB is
insufficient and to please confirm that they actually do want to do
something that foolish.

To be constructive, I would suggest that the documentation be updated to
recommend 50MB and that Anaconda modify its warning to only activate
below 30MB. I can help with the docs (but don't know whom to contact or
how to get involved) and I can file an RFE for Anaconda.

What I would like to know is if someone knows of or can offer any
reasons why my suggestions would not be a good idea. I don't want to
reinvent the wheel here.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>