FC3T2 I2O support installation t bug

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 13 05:33:08 UTC 2004

On Oct 8, 2004, at 07:19, fedora-test-list-request at redhat.com wrote:

> From: Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: FC3T2 I2O support installation t bug
>
> Michael Mansour wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I decided to try the I2O support in FC3T2, since I
>> currently run FC1 on that machine and trying to
>> upgrade to FC2 fails on that server (can't detect
>> disks from installation), and as I've just found out,
>> so does FC3T2.
>>
>> I've read the material on:
>>
>> http://i2o.shadowconnect.com/fedora.php

Likewise, and still no dice...

> AFAIK manually choosing the I2O block driver from the menu should no
> longer be needed.  It sounds to me like your I2O card has some PCI ID
> that the kernel module does not know about.  Can you please provide the
> lspci -v and lspci -n?

I've also got an Adaptec card for which the i2o block driver
auto-loads, but no drives are ever found, in either the RHEL4b1
installer or FC3t3 installer.

Adaptec 2100S, BIOS 1.62, 128MB cache, 4x36G drives set up as a RAID-5
array. I saw mention of a patch missing from FC3t2 to support 128MB
cache cards, which was supposedly going to make it into t3, but I
haven't followed closely what the status is on that...

# lspci -v
00:0c.0 PCI bridge: Adaptec (formerly DPT) PCI Bridge (rev 02) (prog-if
00 [Normal decode])
         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64
         Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=64

00:0c.1 I2O: Adaptec (formerly DPT) SmartRAID V Controller (rev 02)
(prog-if 01)
         Subsystem: Adaptec (formerly DPT) 2000S Ultra3 Single Channel
         BIST result: 00
         Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
         Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=32K]

# lspci -n
00:0c.0 Class 0604: 1044:a500 (rev 02)
00:0c.1 Class 0e00: 1044:a501 (rev 02)

Interesting that lspci calls it a 2000S, its definitely a 2100S (my
memory says so, and so does the BIOS at POST)...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com